Creative writer for ten years with a passion for storytelling and everything that makes a great narrative. Five years of experience as a professional writer and editor on various technical teams. Detail-oriented copy-editor and proofreader for both creative and technical writing.
Creative Writing, Editing, Proofreading, Research, Report Writing, Screenwriting, Game Design, World Building
Software: Mac OS, Windows OS, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Power Point, Final Draft
· Wrote and published Hunt of the Fallen, the first book in the Heroes of the Tri-World Series.
· Helped create the format and writing style for promoting products on Worldstock Fair Trade at Overstock.com.
· Published an article in Voices Magazine to help promote networking of local business professionals.
· Streamlined the process of writing memos and orders for a Battalion Commander and his office.
United States Army 09/2011– 05/2015
Human Intelligence Collector
Collected, analyzed, and reported intelligence from multiple human sources in an international and high-stress environment. Wrote memos and orders for Battalion Commander to be distributed to the relevant companies.
· Enhanced knowledge of terrorist activities by interviewing sources and reporting intelligence, which helped our forces find effective ways to protect the local populace.
· Notified the battalion of required duties by interpreting brigade orders and translating them into useful information for the battalion, ensuring that the battalion accomplished all its duties effectively and on time.
Overstock.com, Salt Lake City, UT 10/2009– 08/2011
Analyzed a variety of products sold by the company and wrote product descriptions for them. Edited the copy of fellow copywriters before the company posted it on the site.
· Ensured accurate and useful product copy by researching products and using search engine oriented vocabulary to provide customers with relevant and enticing information.
· Polished appearance and readability of the site by proof-reading and editing work of other copywriters to ensure all copy was free of technical and grammatical errors.
Full Sail University, Orlando, FL, Master of Fine Arts, Creative Writing in Entertainment
Utah State University, Logan, UT, Bachelor of Arts, English/Creative Writing